ANCC office is once again open to the public.
Masks are required prior to entering.
The Iñupiaq, St. Lawrence Island Yupik, and Yup’ik term for a polar bear is nanuq.
Nannut is the plural form of this word.
Preamble of ANCC Constitution:
We, the polar bear hunting Tribes of Alaska, proclaim that polar bears are essential to our cultural, nutritional and spiritual well-being and our way of life. We recognize our responsibility and authority to exercise our indigenous rights to act as stewards of our traditional territories and resources. Since time immemorial, we have cared for the hunting of polar bears throughout our territories. We hereby reaffirm our commitment to respect, conserve, and manage polar bears while protecting the hunt and traditional uses of polar bears and their habitat based on our knowledge and appropriate scientific principles. Founded on Tribal unity, and striving for consensus, we form the Alaska Nannut Co-Management Council for the health and well-being of our Tribal members, our future generations, and for the polar bears.
ANCC is seeking an Executive Director!
Location: Nome, AK (possibility of remote work)
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000 DOE
• Group Health, Dental, Vision
• Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Nome Recreation Center Membership
• Generous Annual Leave
• Bachelor’s Degree, or demonstrated experience in marine mammal co-management
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years administration or management experience
• Must be willing and able to travel
Mail: P.O. Box 2027 Nome, AK 99762
In person: 400 Bering Street, Suite 205 Nome, AK 99762